Less than a year ago I was a Project Manager on a multi-million dollar contract. I oversaw the creation, duplication, and distribution of 750 different media and 13.5 million pieces of printed documentation. I would travel 2000 miles in one week, walking into locations I’d never been before and wielding all the confidence and authority that came with my pre-motherhood position.

Now, my job is to make my son smile, and to teach him about the world. And apparently to make jam. I’m still learning how to be this paragon of motherhood. But sixteen cans of homemade strawberry-rhubarb jam and one son sticky with strawberries from head to toe later…I just might be getting the hang of it. I don’t need VP recognition for this job. The enthusiastic clapping of my son’s sticky palms is satisfaction enough.


(toast and jam is the best)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

It is always the way; words will answer as long as it is only a person's neighbor who is in trouble, but when that person gets into trouble himself, it is time that the King rise up and do something.
- Personal Reflections of Joan of Arc

Ravin's Readins