When I was a kid, we had this one old momma farm cat that would go around stealing all the other momma’s kittens. Even at the age of 6 I thought this was curious behavior. She likes having a dozen kittens from several litters crawling all over her? Apparently she did because she would purr so loudly when she was with them and she would smile (yes, cats smile).

Tonight I had my nephew, who is six months younger than my son. He's having his first overnight. My heart mealted like warm butter dripping down fresh out of the oven bread as I watched the two play together. We had a wonderful time tonight. We ate messy meals and gave sticky hugs. We did all the things you're not supposed to do, like blow bubbles in our chocolate milk and play with rubber balls in the house. I loved loved loved the sound of children’s giggles filling up this empty house.

It made me realize something. My sister better watch out—I think I’m about to steal her kiddo.


(Bathtime Buddies)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

It is always the way; words will answer as long as it is only a person's neighbor who is in trouble, but when that person gets into trouble himself, it is time that the King rise up and do something.
- Personal Reflections of Joan of Arc

Ravin's Readins