We just got a potty chair for Z a week ago. He seemed to know right away what it was for. Today, my son came running to me pulling frantically at his pants and doing the tantrum dance. I thought, “Okay, I’ll play along, he wants to pretend to use his potty chair.” Because, really, he’s only a year and a half and we just put it out to get him used to it. So, even though it’s right next to the toilet and we explained what it was for, I sort of thought it would be a hiding place for his toys for the next few months.

You can imagine my surprise when I pulled off his pants and diaper and he ran like a bat out of hell straight for the potty chair streaming a fountain as he went. He sat himself down and squeezed out the last few drops into the potty chair. I was so impressed and happy for him I went to the kitchen to give him a jelly bean. My sweet little one thought I didn’t see his accomplishment, so he dragged the potty chair out to the kitchen to show me! I would have taken a picture if he weren’t half naked and trying to stick his finger in the chair and saying “See? See? See?”

As I type this, he’s so pleased with himself he’s running from room to room, arms flailing like a humming bird and squealing his little head off. I’ll admit it could be in part to the fist full of jelly beans he pulled out of the bag. I’ll trade a sugar crash with a potty trained boy any day. I wonder if this is the start of repeat behavior or if it’s a one time wonder. Regardless…What a good little boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

It is always the way; words will answer as long as it is only a person's neighbor who is in trouble, but when that person gets into trouble himself, it is time that the King rise up and do something.
- Personal Reflections of Joan of Arc

Ravin's Readins