Sweetheart, I love you so very much and I really wish today had gone differently. I wish you hadn’t woken up with your foot caught between the rails of your crib. That really must have been unpleasant and a little painful. I’m sorry that kitty scratched you when you so lovingly flung yourself onto him in a show of affection. I really think it was the fist fulls of fur you latched on to that upset him more than the hug. I’m also sorry you face planted into the kitchen floor when you dove off the arm of the sofa and over the baby gate in a display of suicidal toddler tendencies. And I feel truly terrible that you cut your foot on the glass that broke during your jail breaking excursion into the kitchen.

I understand how a day like today can cause such strong emotions. But honestly, that was really only like 10 minutes out of the entire day, and I’m pretty sure it does not warrant a full day of screams, cries, and world class tantrums. And even if it did, my dear, I was only blessed with a specific amount of mommy sympathy and no matter how much I wish it was endless, it’s about to run out. So, my love, I guess what I’m trying to say is…if I hear one more cry-for-no-good-reason, I’m going to send Blankie to live in the diamond mines of South Africa. Got it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

It is always the way; words will answer as long as it is only a person's neighbor who is in trouble, but when that person gets into trouble himself, it is time that the King rise up and do something.
- Personal Reflections of Joan of Arc

Ravin's Readins