I'm on day 2 of crazy dreams! I'm not sure why I've been having all these super psycho dreams lately, except that perhaps it's because my son has been sleeping extra longer than usual so I've actually been getting a full nights rest for the first time since he was born! Well, here's last nights:


I was in a college dorm room where the sink kept dripping and leaving puddles on the floor. I was concerned that they would try to put carpet down and then it would milder and we’d all get sick. I had to do *something* don’t remember what anymore, but it caused me to go on this long journey.

There were weather issues on this journey and there were sand storms that made us (there was someone else randomly with me) get lost. We ran into a very large woman who offered to be our “guide”. We knew she was going to try to sell us as slaves and she was not to be trusted but we needed her help to get out of the desert.

She took us to a sort of villa where the staff was preparing a feast. My traveling companion and I went off exploring while our “guide” (the fat woman) was being pampered by the chef. I had a bad feeling about it, but went away rather than staying and watching. When I came back, I saw the fat woman’s legs were cut off at mid thigh but she didn’t seem to notice. She had been stuffed naked into a roasting pan and was ladling “gravy” into her mouth with both hands cooing about how delicious it was. It was actually her own blood. When I left with my traveling companion, she tipped herself out of the pan and on bloody stumps tried to chase after us.

As we wandered the desert again, we came to a valley where I saw a hiker. I knew if we followed him, he’d be able to get us home. He agreed to help, and I had to convince my companion that he was an “okay” guy. He led us up the side of a steep mountain that turned out to be a volcano. We had to travel along the rim to get to safety. On one side was a river of molten lava, sputtering and spitting as it flowed away. On the other side of us was a sheer drop.

Zander was with me now along with the traveling companion. I had to keep my 2 yr old son from certain death but he didn’t want to hold my hand or be carried, and when I would try to carry him, his struggles would throw me off balance and I would risk getting both of us killed. If I reached for his hand, he’d dart away careless of where he was running. I had to just watch him toddle along the path.

I guess we made it back safe and sound because we all wound up back at the dorm with the leaky pipe. Pretty crazy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

It is always the way; words will answer as long as it is only a person's neighbor who is in trouble, but when that person gets into trouble himself, it is time that the King rise up and do something.
- Personal Reflections of Joan of Arc

Ravin's Readins